Your Local, Licensed Electrician near Great Falls VA
Precise Building Services has provided electrical services to the residents of Great Falls, VA and the surrounding areas since 2011. Need an electrician in Great Falls? We are the top electricians in the region and our work speaks for itself.
We're the best electricians around but don't take our word for it. Read our reviews and find out why your neighbors consider us to be their go-to electrician in Great Falls, VA.
The average cost of replacing an electric panel ranges between $850 and $2,500. This range is a little broad because it depends on how many amps your house requires, as well as whether you are trying to replace an existing panel or putting in a new one.
Every electrical panel has a limited capacity. If it's a 100-amperage panel, it can only supply 100 amps and no more. When your electricity consumption requirements exceed the capacity of the panel, you will require a heavy up. Here are the top five signs your home may need an electrical heavy-up.
- You still have an electrical panel with fuses.
- When you turn on appliances, the lights flicker (especially the ones that consume more power).
- To the touch, the electrical panel is extremely hot.
- Noise is coming from the outlets.
- You haven't replaced your panels in over 25 years.
These are the most common reasons why you may need an electrical inspection:
- You're buying a new house
- You are selling your home
- Your house is over 40 years old
- When you add new appliances that require more energy
A residential electrical inspection is a thorough examination of an electrical system's components, circuit breakers, air panels, conduits, electrical boxes, and even electrical appliances. If your situation matches any of the above or even if you just need extra peace of mind, an electrical inspection is well worth the money.