From Broken Outlets To Panel Replacements, Call Your Local Experts!
Precise Building Services has served DC metro residential and commercial customers with professional electrical repair services for more than 15 years. From minor repairs like fixing a broken switch to significant projects like replacing a commercial building’s electrical panel, our electricians have years of experience fixing problems big and small.
Contact our team, and we’ll make sure anything electric is working well and working safely.
Electrical Repair Service FAQs
Many electricians will give a price per square foot for rewiring a home. Knowing whether the price you've been given is comparable to the national average is therefore helpful. Rewiring a home typically costs between $2 and $4 per square foot.
You should check your circuit breaker panel if an outlet isn't working. The tripped breaker will appear to be in the "on" or "off" position. After turning it off, flip it back on. By resetting the circuit, you might be able to fix your outlet.
Circuit breakers in homes frequently trip. When the system is overloaded, they are intended to shut off your power through the circuit. Most of the time, you can simply turn it back on and carry on with your tasks. But if your circuit breaker trips frequently—multiple times per month or more—that's an indication that there is a deeper, potentially dangerous issue with your home's electrical wiring or that you are overloading that circuit with high-energy-demanding appliances or devices.
Lights that flicker, buzz, or dim are another sign of outdated or damaged wiring. If your lights buzz when you turn them on or flicker or dim when you use several appliances, your home's wiring needs to be upgraded by a professional.
Watch out for potential hazards near your home's outlet points. It's a sign that your home's wiring has been damaged in some way if you notice any discoloration or scorch marks on your outlets. Your home is already suffering from the heat, and if it is not controlled, things could get much worse.
No, it is not safe to use a burnt outlet in your home. Burnt outlets are usually caused by overloaded circuits or faulty wiring, and can be a fire hazard. Burnt outlets can also cause electrical shocks and damage to appliances or electronics that are plugged in. If you notice a burnt outlet in your home, it's important to have it inspected and repaired by a licensed electrician as soon as possible. Continuing to use a burnt outlet can lead to more serious problems, including electrical fires and damage to your home's electrical system.
DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
We GUARANTEE Our Craftsmanship
Fixing Electrical Problems Of All Types
The experienced team at Precise Building Services is ready to find and fix any electrical problems, including common and not-so-common issues.
- Repairing outlets and switches - Are the outlets in your home or building not functioning correctly? Our team can help diagnose the problem and provide the solution.
- Panel repairs - We recommend that fixing a malfunctioning circuit panel of any size is a job that only a professional electrician should handle.
- Fixing wiring issues - Circuit breaker trips, dimming lights and high electric bills may be signs of a wiring problem. Our pros can diagnose the problem and get your home or business back up to speed.
- General troubleshooting - Unsure of where a problem begins? We will find the issue and provide corrections.
- Making repairs to get commercial buildings up to code - We know the regulations and can help you get your business ready for any inspections.
- Repairing commercial lighting applications - As licensed electrical contractors, we have the ability to take on the biggest jobs.
- Emergency electric services - We can be there quickly to resolve any hazardous or urgent electrical situations.
Need Electrical Repair Near Washington, DC?
From residential to commercial services, Precise Building Services has all of your electrical needs covered near Washington DC. For larger jobs, we can also assist in getting the proper local permits and necessary inspections.
See why our customers rate us so highly for our dependability, expertise and commitment to safety. Give us a call today!