Find & Fix Electric Issues With Precise Building Services
With more than 15 years of experience serving the DC metro area, we’re your local source to call on for electrical troubleshooting for both residential and commercial properties. Whether it’s a circuit panel that doesn’t seem to be working right, mysterious flickering lights or non-working outlets, our expertise in construction and engineering allows us to diagnose and repair almost any kind of electrical problem — from large projects to minor repairs.
Are you baffled by an unusual electrical problem? Is your power out while the rest of the neighborhood has service? Contact Precise Building Services today to help you find and repair the issue!
DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
We GUARANTEE Our Craftsmanship
When Do You Need Troubleshooting From An Electrician?
Times when you’ll need to call an electrician for troubleshooting issues usually fall into four broad categories.
- Electrical panel problems - Unusual sounds from the breaker box or frequently tripping fuses may signify that your panel needs to be upgraded or repaired. Panel upgrades can make your home safer while preventing damage to electronics or other sensitive appliances.
- Preparing for an electrical inspection - If you are preparing to sell your home or do some significant remodeling, our electricians can help you ensure your building complies with local codes.
- Emergency electrical repairs - In some cases, you may be performing your own basic troubleshooting and notice something like scorch marks near outlets or switches that feel hot. In this case, you should contact a qualified electrician like Precise Building Services right away. We offer emergency services if you notice any of these standard warnings that your house might have a critical electrical hazard.
- Professional assistance - Electrical systems have complex properties that can make it difficult — and even dangerous — for even the most experienced handyman to troubleshoot. Precise Building Services can help you make sure the electricity you rely on is working safely and as efficiently as possible.
Schedule Electrical Troubleshooting Service Today
You may notice something that just seems unusual with the electricity in your home and ask yourself, “Is this really a problem?” Even if you aren’t noticing something dramatic, like a burning smell coming from your wiring, it’s a good idea to call a professional electrician to determine the source of the problem. You can rest assured that:
Contact the experts at Precise Building Services today for top-quality electrical services in DC and surrounding areas in Maryland and Virginia. We are more than just electricians. We are problem solvers!
One of the most common causes of electrical issues in a home is frequent electrical surges. A variety of events, including lightning, defective appliances, damage to exterior power lines and poor electrical wiring can produce electrical surges in the home. Though an electrical surge only lasts a second or two, it can cause damage to a range of electrical components connected to your home, particularly bigger home equipment such as refrigerators, computers and air conditioning systems.
Here are a few typical problems and their likely causes:
- Light switches that are broken. Do any of your light switches not work? Old switches can wear out over time, but if the light won't come on at all, there could be a connection issue.
- Non-operational outlets. First, ensure that the problem is with the outlet and not with your appliance. Typically, a receptacle must be changed, which is a simple remedy.
- Fixtures with flickering lights. Is the light bulb correctly screwed in? If a replacement bulb does not fix this vexing problem, there may be a problem with your wiring.
- Power surges occur often. If a light flickered when you plugged in the vacuum cleaner, you are suffering a power surge issue. This can shorten the life of your appliances and typically indicates that your electrical system lacks the power to support equipment that requires a lot of amps to work.
The average electrical panel has a lifespan of 20-40 years. That range is quite broad, but because not all electrical panels are built with the same quality, it is tough to narrow it down. In any case, around the 20-year mark, you should start getting your electrical panel tested to ensure it is in good working order.